“AC Check-Up” Make sure your system is optimum for the Summer.
Free Estimate on Repairs!
|Spring has finally sprung. It seemed like winter would never end but thankfully the temperature gauge has risen to embrace this glorious season. The signs of Spring bring with it the birds emerging from their winter havens. Plants, trees and flowers starting to bud forth and shower us with a rainbow of color. Spring is also the season to prepare for the coming high temperatures that Summer will bring and the need for cooler temperatures inside with your air conditioners.||Having your air conditioners in top performance means a spring cleaning to make sure it is in optimal working order. There are many things that need to be addressed when it comes to your air conditioning system. Your air conditioning system is a very complex machine and should really be left to a professional to assess your AC unit and make sure everything is running properly|
To make sure your whole house is prepared for the coming Summer temperature, here are the things that will need to be addressed.
1. Have your refrigerant level checked.
2. Examine the disconnect switch to make sure it is working properly, this is a vital part of your AC Unit.
3. Check the condenser coil and also the condensate line. They need to be cleaned from any debris that has accumulated during the winter in order for your unit to work efficiently. If it is clogged it could flood your air conditioner.
4. Next is your start up capacity, measuring several important metrics including testing the compressor amperage and if it meets the unit’s specifications. Making sure your Unit’s motor and capacitor are performing within the parameters set by the manufacturer.
5. Safety is the most important thing when it comes to your air conditioner, so testing the safety controls which includes various fuses and emergency off switches. This should be done at least once a year.
6. Evaluate the main switch relay to make sure it is in good shape. This is the core of the electrical system in the unit. Lubricate the motor and test the thermostat and calibrate it to make sure there is proper function.
7. Check all wiring and make sure connections are tight to ensure functionality and safety.
8. If needed change your air filter and then make sure to change it every one to three months.
9. Checking the outside unit’s piping to make sure it is in good shape and free from vibration and debris. Also checking the outside motor fan that it is in good working order.
10. Checking the connections of the air ducts in the attic or wherever your duct work is located to make sure they are secure and then getting them cleaned to ensure good clean air.
As you can see there are many factors to think about when it comes to an air conditioner that is fully functioning and your spring cleaning list should have this on it. At McCullough & Son’s we are the professionals you are looking for when it comes to taking care of your clean air needs. Give us a call today to schedule that spring cleaning, we will be happy to take care of that for you.